Umm, It is a funny thing. We could see many questions like “I forgot my Windows xp password, what should I do to bypass it and get in my PC again”. If you happen to encounter a similar problem, please look at this post. It provides simple ways to bypass forgotten Windows xp password for you.
First, I would like to say that reinstalling Windows is always regarded as the last choice whenever you forgot Windows xp password. It not only takes you much time, but also could cause data loss.
Another way to bypass Windows xp password is using additional Windows xp password reset programs. These utilities are not mentioned by Microsoft, but they are widely used by lost Windows password users in reality. And that’s why there are so many Windows password reset tools are available for your choice, including both freeware and shareware.
Ophcrack is the most popular one when it comes to free tools. This freeware is actually a Windows password recovery based on rainbow tables rather than a reset tool. It can help you recover what your lost Windows xp password. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms.
To create a bootable password reset disk, Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 is the best solution. This Windows password recovery program enables you to create a bootable password reset disk with a CD/DVD or USB flash drive in seconds. Once the password reset disk is burned, you can use it to reset Windows xp password within a few clicks.
Part One : Create a bootable password reset disk
1. Download and install Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 in any PC if yours is not accessible. Then launch this program.
2. Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB drive in computer and select Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB. After that, select your target device and click the Burn button. The burning task will be completed in a few seconds.
Part Two: Bypass Windows xp password
1. Insert the burned bootable password reset disk in the PC you forgot password for, and start the PC from the disk.
2. When you see Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 interface, select the system and the account that you want to reset password of, and then click Change password button.
3. Select New password and enter the new password for your target user account in Windows xp.
4. Click OK when the password is successfully changed.
5. Click Reboot button to restart computer and log into Windows with the newly-changed password.
Note: Please remember to remove the bootable password reset disk during restart so that the computer will boot as usual from the hard drive disk.
Need to know more about this information, feel free to visit: How to bypass xp password?