I can’t remember Windows Vista password in my laptop!!! Both of the accounts are admin, and I can’t remember both of them (only using one of them). I now cannot access to my PC. Anyone could help me solve the problem?
Reset Vista Password
What’s your idea assuming you can’t remember password on your Vista computer? Using the recovery disc provided by the computer producer to reinstall Vista and restore the machine into its very initial state (as it was when it left the factory)? This might be an efficient way to let you access to your computer again. However, you’ll probably lose everything on the machine if you didn’t backup on another medium.
Thankfully, I now have collected several smart tricks to reset the forgotten Vista password besides reinstalling Vista. Actually, these are not real ways for you to reset the Vista password, but ways to change or remove the forgotten password directly.
Change forgotten Windows Vista password with the secret hidden administrator account.
In Windows Vista, there is a secret built-in administrator account. Some people may not know it yet because this account is disabled and hidden without password protected under most circumstances by default. If the last local administrator account on your Vista machine is inadvertently locked, you now can unhide this disabled built-in administrator account to logon for disaster recovery. Now, follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you start your computer and press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” twice at the Login Screen.
- Secondly, you just type Administrator in the username box and leave the password box blank.
- Thirdly, you hit Enter key and then log into Windows system.
- Finally, you go to “Start->Control Panel->User Accounts” to change the forgotten Vista password.
Remove Vista password directly with Windows Password Cracker.
If you are not lucky enough to succeed in changing password with the above way, probably because you set a password for the secret admin account but later you just can’t remember it. Don’t worry, you still have other feasible way, probably much better, to help you rescue the locked computer. Well, you just need to find another accessible computer and get program—Windows Password Cracker, then the forgotten Vista password will be quickly removed by this program automatically.
Now get Windows Password Cracker.
- Step1: Install and launch the program-Windows Password Cracker to the accessible PC.
- Step2: Burn a Vista password reset disk on an empty CD/DVD with the program.
- Step3: Remove the forgotten Vista password with the burned disk.
That’s all for 2 smart ways to troubleshoot the problem when you can’t remember Vista password.