If I say it’s really easy to reset Windows XP password, do you believe that? You may believe but may also doubt that the tools I used are probably illegal or something else. However, I will humbly disagree with such opinions since the definition of “reset” here is not actually what we usually see. “reset Windows XP password” here simply means resetting or cracking the lost or forgotten XP password so that the locked XP machine can be re-accessed.
Forgetting Windows XP password for many computer users is never something rare, at least for me. In the past, I felt depressed when forgetting my XP password. But now I clearly understand that “forgot password≠can’t login”. Yes, sometimes, if you forgot password, it doesn’t mean you have completely lost the access to its account. Don’t you believe it? Then let’s prove it with the following 2 easy ways to reset Windows XP password.
A. reset Windows XP password from safe mode without knowing its original password.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 to enter into Safe Mode.
2. From the menu, select boot in safe mode with command prompt.
3. Once you’re at the command prompt, type “net users” (without quotes)
4. You will see a list of usernames. Pick the username that you’ve forgotten and type “net users username *” (without quotes, replace username with a real username from that username list)
5. You will be asked to enter a new password and a second reconfirmation.
6. Press enter and you will be told that your username password has been changed successfully.
Done! Now you can re-access to your blocked XP machine with a new password.
B. Reset XP password with Windows Password Reset Deluxe.
If you failed to reset Windows XP password with the above way, then you can try this way: using Windows Password Reset Std to create a Windows XP password reset disk to remove the forgotten password directly.
Here’s how to use Windows Password Reset Std to create a bootable XP password reset disk.
Step1: Download and install. First you have to download this tool to an accessible computer. And then install, run it correctly.
Step2: Prepare for a blank and writable CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive. Next, insert it to the computer and click “Burn CD/DVD” button on the interface. Then, it starts burning process.
Step3: As soon as burning process finishes, you just take out the CD from PC. Until here, it means a Windows XP password reset disk has been created.
Here’s how to use the burned XP password reset disk to remove XP password.
Step1: Insert the burned disk to the target/locked PC.
Step2: Start the computer and then set this PC boot from CD-ROM in BIOS.
Step3: Start to reset XP login password by simply clicking the “Reset” button.
Step4: Reboot the PC, and log in Windows without password.